Remember the customers who stick by your side, coming back again and again. Do you really want them to feel unimportant? How would you feel if a business you support seemed way more interested in getting new customers than in you?
If you center all of your marketing around 6 customer loyalty principles, you will have a strategy that means customers cannot bear to stay away from your business.
The downside is that you may have to ramp up your team in order to keep up with all the business. And, you may have to open several bank accounts in order to store your money safely. But, those are minor inconveniences.
So, let's get right to it. Here are the 6 steps to customer loyalty:
- Awareness - Don't hide under a bushel basket. Put yourself and your business right out there so customers hear about you, know who you are, and want to come check out the place.
- Attraction - Figure out the "why" behind a customer showing up to purchase from your business. Make your business so appealing no one who needs your product or service could possibly resist.
- Connection - Your customer must be able to relate to your product, service, business philosophy, model, community service, charity, or other value.
- Emotion - Do you sell beautiful things, healthcare products, or wigs? Whatever your product or service, there better be an emotion attached that will drive the customer to your door.
- Belonging - We all want "Cheers" back in the neighborhood. No one likes to be ignored, so help them feel they belong and that they are part of your tribe.
- Reward - Your current customers and prospects can shop somewhere else in town or online. You better reward them for connecting with you and spending their hard-earned dollars in your business or someone else will.
Developing a strong loyalty marketing strategy is easier when you put yourself in the customer's shoes. Treat them how you would like to be treated.
Here's a handy dandy little "Path to Customer Loyalty" diagram for your studying pleasure.